Last night was my favorite of all guilty pleasures... Celebrity Rehab. I must admit that I do love this show in all it's forms (drug rehab, sex rehab). Let's face it, Dr. Drew has come up with a winning combination here-- C and D-list celebrities who want to extend the little bit of fame they have left and our desire to see how the price of fame takes its toll. Sometimes I can't even wait until the DVR gets to 20 minutes after before I start to watch-- I'll take the commercials for this one. It's my own personal fix.
Dr. Drew stays perfectly pressed and poised throughout each season, amidst the chaos surrounding him. (Sometimes an out and out sh*t-storm). I love that. I'll admit that I secretly think he goes home and beats the crap out of his dog/cat/blow-up sex doll, but that doesn't make him any less a great presence.
Shelly-- poor beleaguered Shelly. I often wonder how she doesn't end up running screaming into the night for a fix. She takes the brunt of everyone's wrath. I wonder if she knew the price of her sobriety would be this... Forget Obama, she and Dr. Drew deserved the Peace Prize last year.
However, I must say I was disappointed in this week's episode. Where was the angst Kerri Anne?!? (And is it just me, or does her last name just scream Penis to anyone else?) You don't really think the producers brought Kerri Anne back in just to deal with her unresolved drug issues, so you? Pul-eeze. That little girl is ratings gold! Previews look like next week she'll be back in rare form-- we can only hope!
Otherwise this has been a pretty bland group this season. Sigh....
Over on Real Housewives Of Orange County... OK, I am not on the Vicki Bandwagon. Have never been a fan. Don't like her, never have. I never under understood her elevated sense of self-importance, why she thought she was any sense of pretty..."Can I get a Woo-Hoo"?!?
Needless to say, I am thrilled to see that she seems to be getting her come-uppance these past few episodes. Really, Vicki, did you think that you could be Queen Bitch forever and everyone would always kiss your toes? Guess what Vicki? You are old, overweight (for the show), and not as attractive as you want to world to think you are. Finally someone is standing up to her-- telling her the kind of "truths" Vicki tells everyone else, and Vicki can't handle it. Poor, poor Vicki. Let's cry for her. Guess what big V-- It's not your show. (I know that would be news to her...)
On to Alexis. I actually like her. I admire her values. I don't care that she has boobs (real or not) and that they come out to play, and that she's a Christian. Guess what? God doesn't judge. (That makes Him better than me.) And if she wants to dress up, show off her assets and go to church-- Jesus said Mary Magdalene was a welcome member as well.(ie, it takes all kinds). So, get over it.
Now, do I like that pompous, male-chauvinist ass of a husband of hers? No. Would I put up with him for 5 minutes? Not on your life. But am I married? Nope and it's my choice, and she's made hers-- so more power to her.
Lynne. Bless her soul, what a freakin mess. First off, be a parent, not a doormat. Grow a set. She's walked over by her kids, her husband and the other women... I don't even know where to begin (as I sit here shaking my head like I'm starting into a petite mal seizure...).
Gretchen. Now here's a woman who knows who she is (whether you like it or not), controls her image, doesn't need man, and will and does make something of herself outside this series. Gotta admire that.
Tamra and Simon. Ok, we know they are divorcing as we speak. Those 2 were oil and water. And the fault was equal on both sides. Am I surprised? Not for a minute. I am not a fan of how they were showing "evil" Simon. It's more complicated than that and I would bet that if we were shown more we would see a (more) shallow, immature side of Tamra than we already do.
Pysch... what can I say about my love for this show? It's an inane, frothy, bubbly, time-waster, but I love love love it nonetheless. I love the theme song and the pineapples, the 80's references and the "bum bum bum... muffins!" Just love it. The chemistry among the entire cast is right on the money. That is such a hard thing to accomplish. The 2 leads (James Roday and Dule Hill) make you believe they're best friends, and I have genuine empathy/adoration for Timothy Omundson. Someday, I'd hope my daughter would have a job she loved as much as Maggie Lawson seems to love hers. Nuff Said?
Guess that's it for today. It's the weekend.. that means knitting to Lifetime Movies for Women. Or as my male friend says "White men doing evil things network."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment