Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bachelor- The women were told all...

So, like many of my fellow female (and a few male) Americans, I sat in front of my High Def boob tube, popcorn, knitting, tea all at the ready for the segment of The Bachelor I like to call, The Bitches Are Back. Now, seriously, don't get me wrong, if I were on that show (the chances of me ever desiring that are about great as me wanting to get really really close to the pretty polar bear for a picture at feeding time...) I would be all about the Women Tell All show. I would totally want to go back and share all my juicy little secrets about what happened at the house and why that season's Bachelor is grade A slime. But that's not what happens-- it's part of the contract. They are all given a nice scripted storyline to follow, and this season it was "Let's Trash Roz." Have any doubts? Have you noticed how Jessie waited until just that night to mention the make-out scene between the producer and Roz? Really, with all of her post-interviews and her chances to sell that story to a tabloid, she waited until just that moment? That, friends, is called,"The show came to her and told her what to say right as the show was starting".
Also, if that was so, along with Ella's new assertion (also not mentioned in any of her previous statements...) Where Were The Cameras?? I absolutely Do Not buy Chris Harrison's assertion that they did not have them there for any of the "inappropriate behavior" that he and the girls claim to have happened "all the time". ALL the cameras missed the Biggest Scandal In Bachelor History?!?
Also, Chris used the "A" word. He actually said "Affair" on the air regarding Roz and the producer. I'm wondering if she doesn't have grounds for a defamation suit... Just sayin'...

Best comments of the night? Ashley (about Vienna):"...white-trash trailer f*n whore..."
And the comments regarding Tenley (let's not forget that she was, actually, a Disney figure-- Little Mermaid, among others-- as we were told at the beginning of her "journey"):"She sh*ts rainbows" and Vienna's classic:"I think she dreams in cartoons..."

Wasn't Ali just all up in her prime getting ready to face the nation as the next Bachelorette? She had the party line down, didn't she? She was appropriately kind and apologetic to Vienna-- just the All-American girl next door we can take into our hearts for next season. Bless her little soul.
I wonder what things would have looked like with her if they had made Gia the Bachelorette?

Next to Roz, Gia is the one I ended up having the most respect for. She never sold herself out, and she left with her dignity. You go girl. I think she really would have made things so much more interesting as The Bachelorette, but I guess that's why I don't give out the floral arrangements or wear the cheesy suits.

Gotta also say, who else gives Roz props for standing up for herself? And you know she was edited, so most of what she had to say was left out. Seriously, why was she kept sequestered like she was testifying for the Warren Commission? I just wanted to laugh... And Harrison trying to look all reproachful-- I hate to say it, but when someone starts to paste a Scarlet A on someone else, I start to look for semen stained blue dresses to begin to show up...

All in all, I feel that this was without a doubt the worst WTA in the history of The Bachelor franchise. It clearly was the most scripted and edited. The women and ABC clearly had an agenda. Could it be because Jake is such a boring, self-absorbed, cliche-filled d-bag? Most probably. How else to generate some type of interest in what is otherwise a deadly dull season.

Celebrity Fit (Fat) Club anyone? Now there's a show with some drama and issues! More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment